Photo: Sea Channel at Peterhof, Marly alley Fountain "Adam" fountain "Eva".
The Grand Cascade divides the Lower Park into east and west, each side having its own smaller cascade. In the eastern area of the park, the Chessboard Hill or Dragon Cascade adorns a natural incline. At its head, three fantastic winged dragons spit water from between their fanged jaws, which flows down a chequered slope. Both sides of the cascade are decorated with marble statues made by early 18th-century Italian masters. In front of the Chessboard Hill stand two Roman Fountains, which were created in the first half of the 18th century. The ensemble of the Lower Park is distinguished by its unusual fountains, each of which is truly unique. Most of them are trick fountains intended for amusing visitors. The Pyramid Fountain is completely different by design with its granite pedestal sat on three marble steps. This water obelisk is an impressive sight: seven tiers of foaming jets spring from over five hundred concealed apertures. Together with such monumental ornaments, the park also contains smaller, elegant fountains such as The Sun.
Fountain cracker "Water Road". Monplaisir Palace. Monplezirsky garden. Peterhof Monplaisir. Fountains dome near Monplaisir, a statue of Psyche. Monplaisir. Lower Gardensdens.
The sound of the tatter's murmuring streams is reminiscent of an intimate conversation, while the scattered sprays of its central jet lit up by varicoloured lights give the fountain its name. Peterhof is famed largely for its fountains, which are both ingenious works of hydraulic engineering and masterpieces of monumental decorative art. The glittering, iridescent jets of the three cascades and the many fountains playing in the rays of the sun create the unique sensation of a celebration of nature and the apotheosis of Peter the Great's own favourite element - water. The variety of forms and the different functions played by the fountains make Peterhof an open-air museum unlike any other in the world.
|In the western part of the Lower Park, is the Marly ensemble the beauty and individuality of which win the hearts of all visitors to Peterhof. It was named in honour of its prototype, Marly le Rois, the residence of the French king, Louis XIV. The Peterhof Marly comprises three gardens (one of which is a water garden), the Golden Hill Cascade and, of course, several fountains. At the centre of the ensemble is the Marly Palace, standing between two ponds. The modest two-storey building is reflected in their mirror-like surfaces. The palace's indescribable beauty is most apparent on bright, calm days when the water of the ponds is still and the air is clear. The Marly Palace originally served as lodgings for distinguished persons, but later became a museum dedicated to the memory of its first owner. Here, many of Peter the Great's personal effects are to be seen along with genuine late 17th - early 18th-century artefacts.|
Bath body. |
Pavilion "Hermitage" designed by N. Braunstein in the years 1721-1725 was designed relaxation narrow circle of people close to the king. On the walls of the room are placed paintings, which are separated by gold-plated strips. In total there are 124 paintings by other masters of the Flemish, French, Dutch, Italian painting .... period XVII - XVIII centuries, the Hermitage was the first such construction in Russia.
Lion cascade. It was built to replace the inadequate state of coming into the cascade, author A. Stackenschneider in 1853. During World War II stage was nearly destroyed and it took twenty years to restore it, and only in 2000 it again launched.
The main building of the ensemble Marly in the Lower Park is the Marly Palace, designed by Johann Braunstein in the period of 1721-1723 years, it has not sufficiently great architectural design. In the XVIII century, the palace housed the museum, where they gathered the things surrounding the life of Peter I and the things he enjoyed.
Orchard Venus was protected by a shaft height of 10 meters from the piercing cold winds, which landed in the space between the pond and strengthening.
Marly cascade (also known as the Golden Mount). Its construction began in 1721 on draft N. Michetti, M. Zemtsov. The king ordered to build it on the similarity of the cascade at Marly, on this matter, and its name. Later steps walls sheathed with sheets of copper with gold, which gave him a cascade of another name.
Menager fountains designed by Niccolo Michetti in 1724 were created on the initiative of Peter I. They are released into the water column sloping top, which gives the appearance of a very powerful jet of water. The name of the fountain was taken from the French word meaning "savings."
"Tritons with water bells" - similar to the fountains - Monplezirskom bells in the garden. The stream of water directed into the plate repels water, which gives the effect of a water bell.
Whale fountain. Sand pond was dug in 1724, the fountain is set in 1739, the fountain today is create drawings of the XIX century.